Tuesday, 21 June 2011

Converting MPG to Litres/100km in Excel

I am searching for a new car and am having trouble comparing the fuel efficiency of cars.  Many dealers' websites now display L/100km (in Canada at least) and it makes it tricky to compare apples to apples.  There are online calculators to do this or you can use the following formula in Microsoft Excel (note that is actually the same formula to convert both ways because the result is a function of the inverse of the known variable.)

MPG to L/100km

Where A1 is your fuel economy in MPG,

=100/(A1*0.425144)

L/100lm to MPG

Where A1 is your fuel economy in L/100km,

=100/(A1*0.425144)

3 comments:

  1. Thanks, I'm making a spreadsheet for gas mileage and this came in handy. Thanks for doing the work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is the most useful web page I've come across in a while :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. howdy, your websites are really good. I appreciate your work. Best waxing places in Manhattan

    ReplyDelete