Thursday, 8 December 2011
Excellent Netflix Canada Releases - December 2011
Every month I think about it, but I never do it - cancel my Netflix Canada subscription. The catalogue is dodgy, the "New Releases" are few and far between, but every month those delightful devils at Netflix Canada push out just enough gems for me to stay hooked. This month's fix...
1) Bad Santa (Badder Santa Edition) - Billy Bob Thornton, Bernie Mac
Always meant to check this one out. I love good Christmas movies and I've been urged to see this for years. Co-stars two great (but dead) comic actors John Ritter and Bernie Mac. I will definitely see this during the holidays.
2) Pulp Fiction - John Travolta, Bruce WIllis, Uma Thurman
Hadn't seen this in years before recently borrowing a DVD copy from a friend. I must have watched this movie 15 times as a teenage wannabe movie director. Full of great performances, this influencial Tarantino flick from 1994 deserved to be watched again. Netflix now has it or you can pick up the 2011 BluRay release.
3) Star Trek II, The Wrath of Khan - William Shatner, Ricardo Montel-motherfuckin-ban
Netfix Canada you have arrived. Been waiting a long time for this bad boy. Now all of the original cast Star Trek movies are up. This is the strongest of the bunch in my opinion.
4) The Walking Dead, Season 1- Andrew Lincoln, Jon Bernthal
I love this show. Season one was short but sweet and all of the episodes are available for streaming. Season 2 is not here yet (I was hoping for weekly new episodes, but that's asking a lot, I know) but please see this show and please read the comic books. The best comics to TV adaptation ever.
5) Breaking Bad, Seasons 1-3 - Bryan Cranston, Anna Gunn
Love me some Bryan Cranston; this series is him at his best. The rest of the cast is great, the writing is stellar. You will not be able to put this down.
Honorable mentions:
The Larry Sanders Show, Complete Series - Awesome. Not necessarily a series to watch from beginning to end but beats almost any comedy on the air right now if you have a half hour to kill.
The Hurt Locker - blah, but technically a "Best Picture" winner.
Rounders - Best poker movie that will ever be made? - likely.
The Mist - 2007 telling of the Stphen King tale. Pretty solid.
The Decent - Spelunking-based horro tale. Atmospheric and creepy as hell.
Californication, Season 1 - Good series.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment